Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Stockhams!

Wow, time flies when you're having fun! I have been sitting here trying to think of how long I have been working for this amazing family, and I cannot even remember. (btw, can you even call it "work" really??) I know that I've been working for them regularly since about a year after Ryan and I got married, but I babysat for them on and off since before Ryan and I even met, so it's been a long time! I have just been cracking up thinking of random memories I have with them. I have had so much fun with these guys and learned so much from them- they really are family to me. I know they are going to have such an amazing time, but I'm going to miss them!! I think it's just really hard to see this chapter of my life come to a close. I am so grateful that the Stockham's took time out of their super busy schedule to come visit us and say goodbye! I am so glad that they all got to meet Isabelle! They have been so incredibly supportive through all of the baby stuff (including the most amazing baby shower, visits to the hospital, yummy food, surprises on my doorstep, the list goes on and on, oh yea; not to mention how super patient they were with me throughout the whole pregnancy- being paranoid, sick, etc... they really are nothing short of amazing.) I am so sad to say goodbye to this family, seriously... they are the best!!
I will never forget, the day I told the kids I was pregnant (well actually I guess the day I confirmed that I was pregnant, since I had only told Leo and he spilled the beans to everyone else in Lake Powell!) Sadie and Thomas each immediately made me a list of baby names. I have them in Izzy's baby book! And every day when we would lay down for Leo's nap (talk about a job perk while you're pregnant :)) he would ask "your baby come out now?" They are such great kids, I can only hope Isabelle will be as smart, sassy, charming, smart, funny and adventurous as them!!

No comments: