Thursday, January 3, 2008

Top Ten Holiday Moments

Alright, I will start by admitting that I am really bad at this whole blog thing. Next, I would like to ask where December went??? I swear by the time all the Holidays are over; it never ceases to amaze me how quickly it all went by! We really enjoyed all of the festivities, traditions, and fun! We feel so lucky to have such wonderful family and friends to share those times with!! Here is our top ten list of our most enjoyable Holiday moments…


#10: Our (sort-of) Annual Christmas Date!!
Our little group tries to go out every year for Christmas, I think. Except the only other picture I could find was from 2002, and Sally wasn’t even there.. sorry Sally! (This counts as my formal apology, btw) ...Maybe we’ve just been bad at pictures.


#9: Making Christmas Cookies with my Mom!!
We had so much fun making cookies and fudge. I think we went cross-eyed decorating so many cookies. In fact, we were so busy; we forgot to take any pictures!!! So this is a picture of my sister, me, and my Mom at a fun lunch outing right before Christmas (that could count as #9, too... so many fun things!)


#8: Two fun Christmas Concerts!!
We were able to attend the choir concert with Ryan’s parents and a Peter Brienholt concert with his family. Both were lots of fun!! (And our baby totally kicks to the music, so we know she enjoyed them too!)


#7: Ryan in his Fancy Christmas Sweater (AND snowflake turtleneck)!!
He didn’t even win the contest… can you believe it??


#6: My Niece Whitney’s Christmas Songs!!
She prepared a whole performance (with props) for our family… how cute!! And yes, all she wanted for Christmas were her "two front teeth"!!


#5: The Most Handsome Santa I’ve EVER Seen!!
He almost gagged on his beard, but was quite jolly nevertheless!! This year Christmas Eve was at Kirk’s house and it was so much fun!


#4: Derek’s Great Gift Giving!!
He picked out an outfit (with matching shoes), onesies, and a swing for our little baby!! How sweet! I wouldn't have guessed he even knew what a onesie was!!


#3: A Tijuana-Inspired Christmas!!
We had a little help from the “Mexican Santa” this year…Thank goodness the Utes went to San Diego for their Bowl Game!!


#2: Christmas Brunch at my Parents!!
I was sick Christmas Eve and almost started crying thinking that I was going to miss out on Egg Breakfast… Thankfully I got better!!! And I think Ryan enjoyed his new U helmet even more than the Egg Breakfast!


#1: Christmas Morning with our Dogs!!
I promise, they really do get excited to open their gifts on Christmas!!


Most of all we are grateful for all the fun time spent surrounded by family and friends. We loved being able to talk to Ryan's brother Alex who is on a Mission in Spain. We look forward to him coming home in February! We hope you all had a great Holiday Season!

6 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Caryn I love your blog, it's so cute! And I really love the picture of you and Ryan and the dogs in pink... it's so cute!!! I hope your bun in the oven is going well and you are feeling good!

Todd said...

All I have to say is WHY in the H*** is Ryan wearing that faggity Christmas Sweater combo?!! Oh ya, are you sure that Sally isn't in the front of that group picture? I swear it looks just like her.

Jenny said...

All I have to say is WHY in the H*** is Ryan wearing that faggity Christmas Sweater combo?!! Oh ya, are you sure that Sally isn't in the front of that group picture? I swear it looks just like her.

Lizzy said...

yeah! i am so glad you found my blog. too exciting you are having a little girl. i hope you have been feeling good. she is going to be adorable!! and yes, if jen comes into town we def need to get together!

Alder Family said...

We're so glad that you guys started a blog! Now you just have to be sure to keep it updated once Baby arrives! Looks like it was a merry christmas, despite the sickies.

Jen Wade said...

Love the sssweater ryan.... totally LOL ed... hope you dont' care i check our your blog... you guys are funny...